IMPORTANCE OF ONLINE EDUCATION IN INDIA
The importance of online education is increasing day by day. Almost everyone studies on the internet nowadays. And in the time of the huge Pandemic, it is very important to stay home but due to this, we can’t stop our learning. So the best thing nowadays is online education. You are safe and learn both at the same time.
Online Education has brought a revolution in the way education is delivered. India has been reported to have the second highest number of online course enrollments with more than over 1, 55,000 students from the country. Online education providers serve the same purpose at a very less investment providing world-class content of industrial relevance.
ADVANTAGE OF ONLINE EDUCATION:
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: Now it’s not important to sit at the same place for long hours as you do in schools and colleges. You can get a chapter in 2-3 pieces which you can digest easily. It is very good and cool for students who do not want to sit for study too long.
- YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR LOCATION: Location plays a major role while studying. The surroundings also help you to study. You can’t get a desirable place every time in school or college. So, online study is the best option.
- REDUCE COST: if you want to study from experienced teachers or want to study abroad it costs too much. But the online classes are not that much costly and assorted costs that are related to transport, such as fuel, parking, car maintenance, and public transportation costs don't affect the online student.
- REVIEW LECTURE: In your school or college you don’t have the opportunity to attend the same lecture again if you miss it or difficult to understand it but here you can attend the same lecture as many times you want and most importantly anywhere and anytime.
- LESS INTIMIDATING: if you are an introvert type of person then it is very useful for you. In an online environment, it can be much easier to share thoughts with others. With 74 percent of people suffering from speech anxiety, according to the National Institute of Mental Health, online education tends to foster better class participation.
- CONTINUE IN YOUR PROFESSION: If you want to pursue a degree with your job then online education is best. In morning hours, you can work and when you are free you can start your classes or we can say in the evening hours. For most students, today increasing college costs mandate that some students continue working while in school. The flexibility of online programs enables students to keep working while also pursuing academic credentials.
DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE EDUCATION:
- NETWORK ISSUE: If you live where internet connection is low it is very difficult and irritating to continue the class. You always need good connectivity and also need a good device so you can see everything.
- LITTLE FACE TO FACE INTERACTION: While this may seem obvious, students tend to underestimate the impact of never meeting the instructor and other students in the class. Mark Edmondson, an English professor at the University of Virginia, argued in a Time opinion piece that online education creates a “monologue and not a real dialogue” in the learning environment. Building relationships with your instructor and classmates will require more effort in an online environment.
- SELF DISCIPLINE: You need very strict self discipline and schedule. The problem is the time management and organization skills necessary to stay on top of your work, allot an appropriate amount of time to complete each task and, balance your coursework against other priorities in your life.